Teachtaireachtaí - Messages
- We are still collecting photograph and raffle money an tseachtain seo.
- When we return after the Cáisc holidays the gasúir will start to do some saorscríbhneoireacht in Irish and I would recommend the picture dictionary Buntús Foclóra from Gill. This handy sized, image rich, foclóir will be useful to them for years and can often be found in the many bookshops selling second-hand books; I got a copy in Charlie Byrne's for two euro. Also available online from Litríocht and Amazon.
- Tá an léitheoireacht ag dul go deas, coinnígí oraibh! It is great to see so many moving on to the Céim A Dó list in Irish. Please remember to have your child listen to the sound files on the Leabhairíní Beaga page, even if you normally read along with your child yourself, so that they are exposed to a variety of speakers. Each leabhairín has its own learning game; there is also a game for each Céim.
- Due to baisteach we couldn't do our garraíodóireacht so we'll try again through the week.
- As I'm sure ye've heard we have glóthach (spawn) in our uisceadán ranga, very exciting! If anyone wants to build a small pond we'll be open to adoption offers for our torbáin / loscainn in time.
- Dé Luain 13ú tá muid ag garraíodóireacht, gardening on Monday - éadaí agus bróga le haghaidh sin, clothes and shoes for this, le bhur dtoil.
- Leabhra Feabhra is upon us again with great discounts available on books as Gaeilge, so why not buy some lovely books to gift as presents on Lá Fhéile Bríde; more info on the Nuacht section of this website and on LeabhraFeabhra.com
- Iománaíocht ar an gCéadaoin 18/01-15/02 every Wednesday, first thing in the morning.
- Tá an scoil dúnta Dé Luain 16ú Eanáir; oiliúint foirne - Scoil Bhríde is closed 16/01
- I think Rang A hAon really did themselves proud Dé hAoine with their all-Irish perforance of song and poetry, as well as showing-off their new musical skills on the feadóg stáin! Nach raibh iontach ar fad agus tá súil agam gur bhain na tuismitheoirí sult as Ceolchoirm Na Nollag.
- For the Ceolchoirm Na Nollag the pupils have to remain with their class until they are being brought home. Parents of children in NB-R1 can bring their child home from 12:30 although the school remains open until the normal going home time.
- An bhfuil sibh in ann bia nó deoch a thabhairt don scoil chun ár Tralaí Na Nollag a líonadh? Please help us fill the trolley for our Christmas Prize Draw. Ticéid ar fáil ón oifig anois.
- Tá Rang A hAon ag tosú ag léamh na leabhairíní ón 5ú mí na Nollag. Once these little story books start to arrive home please include them in your Shared Reading time by using the sound files on the leabhairíní page; either have the child read aloud with the reader or listen to it in advance to prepare yourself for that support role.
- Every child should now have their workbook Bunús finished and be ready to start on Spórt; please ask them and check their fillteán.
- As we are currently learning the céilidh dance Ballaí Luimnigh why not have a go at it yourselves at home? Just have a look at the video to see how easy it is.
- There are unfortunately still reports of
so we need all tuismitheoirí to check for the little pests; and their eggs, sneá; every night over the next week or two to prevent them spreading.
- Cash For Clobber is a pain free way of supporting Scoil Bhríde. Please read the notice on the Nuacht page for more information on how to take part.
- Ranganna Gaeilge ag tosú Dé Luain 14ú 19-20:00 Irish classes for parents starting on Monday 14th.
- Ní bheidh Stretch7Grow ar siúl Déardaoin 27ú - no Stretch7Grow next Thursday.
- on the benefits for children of playing eMinecraft.
- There is some great eolas on Healthy Lunchboxes on this safefood.eu section.
- Every pupil must have a good pencil, preferably triangular in shape or with a grip, and a soft rubber.
- The class can bring in slippers/house shoes if they want to wear them in the classroom (good if shoes/runners get wet).
Go raibh maith agaibh!